Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


When all you need is love: 


And maybe some new friends (courtesy of Uncle P.): 



Plus one that is nearly as old as me (and first sat atop our tree when I wasn't much older than my boys are now):


Also important – two boys decorating a tree for the first time because they are old enough now to get excited about Christmas: 

– I would look more excited everyone, but as it turn out...

– ... this tree decorating business is serious business!

– I would also look more excited everyone, but as it turn out...

– ... I totally messing with you. Nothing serious about this and I love it!

And even though the wooden candy canes I made three Christmases ago will be forever known as "the letter J" – as they were last year also – it was easy to overlook... especially since Nate and Seth were so pleased to be reunited with them:

– Look! It's letter J!
– That's a letter J, alright!
– Too bad Mommy hang thread on wrong end.
– Also a shame Mommy forget rest of alphabet for tree.

On the other hand, I think watching my boys roll around on the floor before bed with their Uncle P. was easily my favorite part:


And since Nate's got his "really big smile" on, I think my boys felt the same way:


My least favorite part however was realizing if I lean over like this I look like I'm sporting a fine Viking beard:


It was too funny not to share though. 

- L.

PS. A picture of the finished tree for posterity in case it gets demolished before the big day:


With two toddlers on the loose and all those tempting "J's" I can't guarantee the tree will be in the same shape come Christmas.

PPS. A very special thanks to Uncle P. for photos 4 through 9 (and most especially number 12 in case I ever want to tell the boys I once worked with a traveling circus). 

1 comment:

  1. The tree looks georgeous and we'll add to it when Gamma Rita gets there - why isn't there a photo of the boys and the tree? Well, I guess I'll have to hang two on my door - lots of love, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete