Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A (Seriously) Merry Christmas To You!


You might recall Christmas last year was a rather somber affair, and in spite of some of the serious faces this year, I assure you a very merry time was had by all. I was fairly excited myself since this was the first year my boys really seemed to "get" what Christmas was about. As such, I took a picture of the tree and presents before they woke up this morning for posterity:


And then I made a little noise and peeked in the boys' room a few minutes later to see a couple of sleepy heads beginning to stir. I love Seth's still-sleepy eyes in this picture as they survey the loot under the tree for the first time:


Of course, Seth did his due diligence since the first thing he did after that was to make sure the plate of cookies and glass of milk we'd left out for Santa were empty:

– Carrots for reindeer is also gone. I is convinced everyone!

The boys tucked into their stockings first. Well, Seth tucked into his stocking – Nate needed a little coaching after he unloaded half of it and started putting things back in. Still, his look of concentration is admirable:


And unlike last year, Seth showed us all how to unwrap a present like a pro (or at least in record time):

– 'Dis is how it done, everyone!

Nate needed a little coaching here too (and in case you were wondering, that's a pensive look Seth is giving his brother even though it looks a little like nose-picking):


This is easily one of my favorite moments from unwrapping presents today. Nate finally got the paper off and the box open and exclaimed "Paper!" and the truth is, he was pretty excited about getting a box of paper. I had to tell him to keep looking since there was a gift (other than paper of course) still in the box:


I love the look on his face when he found it! Nate is fairly obsessed with foxes lately and he didn't let his new friend out of his sight all day:


This is the last of the Santa gifts that were opened before breakfast. Twig was a reasonable hit, but required some serious concentration:


After breakfast (and a change of clothes later) we got down to the business of opening up the rest of the presents. I didn't have anything special planned in terms of "Christmas outfits", but their shirts from last year still fit so I went with it. I'm glad I did – same shirts, but a year later and oh... how things have changed:


One of the boys' favorite presents were some new slippers courtesy of Gamma Rita. Said slippers by Gamma Rita's own admission are "so ugly that they're kind of cute". Truth be told, I kind of love them too.


Mr. Potato Head was also a hit:



... but not so important that Nate couldn't take a break to hug his new best friend:


Of course the gift that got the patented "big smile" from Nate was courtesy of Uncle P.:


It even warranted a "really, really big smile" as things turned out:


Merry Christmas everyone!

- L.

2 comments:

  1. I am pleased they enjoyed Christmas. I like their cute & ugly slippers. The boys are so big and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete