Saturday, February 1, 2014

8:53 AM

Exactly 4 years old. Happy Birthday Nate!



For Nate, my first:

Four years ago at this exact time you were born.

Your favourite numbers are 1, 4 and 7. Or 14. Or 74. Or 417. Or any combination of those numbers. You always want to know if they are my favourite numbers too. Your favourite colour is still blue but you also like yellow and white.

At 4 you are a daredevil, a hooligan, your brother's best friend and you have a soft spot for Mommy. You know how to give a hug and when. You are concerned about how other people feel.

You wake up first and you like to play games in the morning (the ones you come up with yourself). Your brother is mostly accomodating.You are always up for games of any kind otherwise. You are a party in a box that is Nate-shaped even when the party is long over and Mommy is weary and sometimes yells. You always forgive me when I'm impatient with you. You are gregarious and kind. You play hard and love hard and call me "sweet Mommy" and give me kisses and hugs anytime (which is always the best time).

You still like Dan, but I'm glad he's not around as much.

Your favourite toy is the cash register from your Great-Grandma Edna.

Cherry flavours are still hotly contested.

You love music. The Beatles are your favourite, but Elvis is a close second and Raffi still holds some sway.

I love you to the moon and back. You give a mean hug little one.

This is just a little bit about you at four. I hope you have the happiest of happy birthdays today, Nate.

All my love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are adorbs. I miss you. <3 Happy Birthday Nate and Seth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I finally got a peek at the blog including your cute birthday blog - your Gamma Rita misses you something awful so it's nice to see you on the blog. You're just as sweet as ever and I can't wait until summer! More love, hugs and kisses than you can imagine, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete