Thursday, September 18, 2014

Conversations With Seth Pt. 2

If you've heard any of his famous lines, then you are probably also
familiar with this little grin. It generally means trouble.

 "What do you want to argue about now?"
Said to his brother on a car trip.

"I've never had a problem with drawing."
When complimented on his drawing skills.

"I should tell you that I AM".
When I said, "You're pretty good at puzzles, Boogee".*

"I want to tell you something, Mommy. I love you. I should probably say that more often."
Said out of the blue one day (and yes, he should say that more often).

"Uranus is a gas giant, Daddy."
He was probably talking about planets. Probably.

"I wouldn't exactly say that".
– In reply to, "Did you have a good time today?".

"Did you die?"
– In reply to a living person who said, "I saw a moose, once, swimming across a river".

"Did it eat you?"
– Another perfectly reasonable reply to, "I saw a bear once".

"Did he die?"
– In reply to, "When I was your age, my best friend used to live over there".

"No. I farted ON MYSELF!".
– In reply to, "Did you just fart on me?"
*also see: "When you have a fart, sometimes you just have to fart it out!", when the same question came up on a previous occasion.

"Well, I can't tell you… but I love you!"
– Said after he told me he was thinking about "something bad" and I asked what it was.

"I'm sorry, but you're wrong, Mommy!"
– In reply to just about everything.

- L.

* Boogee is still in full force over here as an alternate name for Seth, which you might recall he picked himself. Nate prefers being called Nate now over Sandy (thank goodness), but I have a feeling Boogee (AKA "the Boog") might be here to stay. The "g" is a soft g, in case you were wondering.




• • • • • • •

PS. The pictures were from a summer festival we went to and the boys picked their own face paint designs. It was the first time we've done face-painting, but it was a hit all around:










1 comment:

  1. Always love lookiing at my sweetie pies - I especially like the photo of Nate with the girl in the background making it look like her brown skirt is part of Nate's hair - don't ever let it get THAT long. Love, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete