Friday, November 7, 2014

"Mommy, Can I Sing You A Song?"


– Still working on my rock star pose, everyone!
Maybe this one would have been better suited for the Monster Mash.

N: Mommy, can I sing you a song?
Me: Of course – I always love it when you sing me songs.
N: OK. Here it is!

"Oh, we're halfway there;
Whoa-oh, we're livin' on a prayer.
Take my hand – we'll make it, I swear.
We're livin' on a prayer...

"I think I forgot the rest right now".
– Nate


"Oh, that's OK. I remember the next part."

"We've got to hold on to what we've got;
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not.
We've got each other and that's a lot.
For love, we'll give it a shot".
– Mommy


Back when I was a difficult teenager, I never would have imagined that those same words to a Bon Jovi song would sound so sweet to my ears someday. Having my little one hold my hand while singing me that song was worth giving it a shot, and then some.

Thank you, Nate. You sure know how to cut a mean rug and sweep a girl off her feet all at the same time. You're not a half-bad crooner either!

- L.

3 comments:

  1. He is completely adorable. There's something terribly special about loving little people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I've got to video Audrey singing for Nate.

    What a touching moment to share together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a very tender-hearted boy, and I bet he'd love to see a video of Audrey singing for him.

      Delete