Wednesday, February 1, 2017

8:54 AM



For Seth, my last:

Seven years ago at this exact time you were born.

Your favourite number is 19 and your favourite colour is orange.

At age 7 this doesn’t surprise me because you like things that are “unpoplier” on purpose. You despise blue and regular “poplier” numbers like 7 for this reason. 7 years + 18 weeks and 3 days ago, I wrote this about you:

"Unfortunately we weren't able to get a profile shot of Baby B at 20 weeks, but not for lack of trying. I think we did everything short of having me stand on my head but he was persistently facing away from the camera and/or face down so no luck."

Of course, you were known as Baby B back then. You were also laying sideways for a long time and I still remember when you decided to finally get into a heads-down position because it was probably the freakiest thing I’ll ever feel in my innards that didn’t hurt. It was however, not “poplier.”

Last year you faced an unseen adversary because of anxiety and your less than “poplier” way of approaching things. I worried so much for you because anxiety has been my bugaboo my whole life. This year, your anxiety is gone and has been replaced with a physical outlet. Tics are not “poplier” at all, by the way. I’m just glad you can let it out now. You take me down some funny paths Baby B, Boogee, Seth-one but none of them are dull.

I can do grown-up things with you! When we went to see my friend Chris’ gallery last weekend, you helped me pick out art to buy while your brother only noticed Chris’ toys and candy (a hallmark of any reputable animation-type person by the way). You give everyone who knows you the best quotes for getting through life and it’s as much how you say things as what you’re saying. You love being cheeky that way and you still laugh the hardest at your own jokes.

You still love to draw and build things and you can create entire universes in a day. Character development? Check. Character design? Check. Landscape or location? Check and check.

This is just a little bit about you at seven. I hope you have the happiest of happy birthdays today, Seth. I hate this part now, but…

We cool.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment