Thursday, June 9, 2011

All I Wanted...

*sigh*

All I wanted was a reasonably clear picture of Nate and Seth sporting their new onesies so I could wax poetic for a moment about how fast they've grown and what big boys they are now and so forth. Sentimental Mommy stuff basically.

Of course, what I wanted to take a picture of and what I ended up with are two different things. Sadly, the real world tends to trump Fantasy-Mommy-World more often than not.

About the onesies: my 16 month old future basketball all-stars have been sporting size 24 months of late and with that in mind I only ordered them one apiece since I realize the days of onesie wearing are about over.

These will likely be the last ones I ever buy for them. Ever.

EVER.

*sniffle*

Since I didn't have much luck getting any clear pics of the boys wearing them, here they are sans babies for posterity:


And I think this picture sums up why I'm feeling so sentimental: 


Those white onesies are the very first clothing item they ever wore. Ever.

EVER. 

*lip tremble* *lump in throat* *eyes getting misty* 

My wee babies (who will always be my babies just to be clear) have turned into such little boys overnight.

*sob* 

•   •   •   •   •

While I take a much-needed moment to collect myself (and before Gamma Rita gives me a verbal beating for making her look at a pee-stick for the past week), please enjoy my attempts to take some pics of my guys sporting their new attire. For the record, this was my third attempt (as in three entirely separate occasions on three entirely different days) to take quality photos and these really were the very best of the lot. 

Really.

At least Seth finally sat still, even if you can't see the front of his new onesie. Nate however, was busy running laps pretty much the entire time.

Wheee!!!
The one moment where Nate paused long enough he's only slightly blurry: 


Hi Nate!

Seth on the other hand is displaying his enviable posture to the fullest. As far as anyone can tell, this is not an inherited trait from either side of the family (hence our envy). Let us hope he never learns of our slouchy ways. 


– 'Dis my best slouch everyone. Don't worry, I not go over to slouchy dark side full-time. Is only because I is tired of posing for pictures that keep getting photobombed. I is giving good face here and everything! *sigh* Is OK though. In the end, I not get mad. 


– I get even. 'Dis what being a tough guy all about!

- L.

PS. Of course the "Tuff Guy" onesie is Seth's! How could I resist? He is a pretty tough guy after all.

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering . . . about what to get Nate for Christmas, and looking at all that hair piled on top of his head I was thinking . . (options, barretts, ponytail elastics . . . hmmm). What say, mom? Love Gamma Rita (just kidding)!

    ReplyDelete