Monday, February 7, 2011

More Photos From The Vault: 4 Days Old

These photos are a little like our birth photos, a little bittersweet. I took them as I was dressing my babies before we left the hospital. It was the first time they'd worn anything other than a hospital issued gown or a snugly swaddle. I couldn't wait to take them home (which is the sweet part).

At the time, I didn't know we'd be readmitted 24 hours later.

This however is most definitely a story for another day. I'd rather dwell on the sweet tonight.

I want you to keep in mind that Seth was my big baby and weighed an impressive 6 lbs. 11 oz. Check out those "chubby" legs! 


He was also an impressively long baby for that weight at 20 1/2 inches. That newborn onesie he's wearing, while being all shades of baggy, has already got vertical pull-lines. But I didn't have much time to think about that because... 


Wait... what's going on here? Is Seth about to do what I think he's about to do? 


Yep, just as I suspected. He's striking a pose.

As early as April, I commented that, "the camera just loves Seth – honestly, it's nearly impossible to take a bad picture of him", but looking back I can see that's always been true. So really, no surprise that he's already got his moves down at 4 days old. He had them down pretty much at birth. You know, if Nate hadn't been stealing his face-time.

Nate, on the other hand, was not "loving the camera" so much here: 


His outfit isn't pulling quite as much as his brother's did. He was just over 20 inches long and not quite 6 lbs., so I thought I'd try him first in one of the preemie outfits I'd brought since he was definitely within the range weight-wise. Again, you will see it's all shades of baggy and even though newborns naturally keep their legs tucked up for the most part, he was already too long to stretch out in this sleeper and let me know straight up this wasn't cool: 


Either that, or it was just the first of many commentaries delivered in a similar fashion from both my boys on the fact that clothing in general constitutes a cruel and unusual punishment.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment