Sunday, February 20, 2011

Confession Time (Brought To You By Seth)


– Oh, hi everyone. It's me, Seth. You might have forgotten about me since I ate all my carrots and fish, which got all of a passing comment if I recall correctly. Here I am about to start my big new food adventure. And yet... 

... and yet I appear troubled. As though something is on my mind.

What could that be, everyone? Well, I is glad you is asking.


– You know, it not easy getting stuck all the time with the backdrop that makes it look like I is at some kind of Home Depot® DIY on how to block off an uninsulated room. I never complain about 'dis though.

No. Instead I'd like to call your attention to that spot on the wall. The one behind me and a little to your left.

This one...


I prefer not to say how it got there, but it been there for awhile. I bet you not see it here even though it was there the whole time. I pause while your mind boggles temporarily...

Mommy wants to talk about a magic trick? Mommy makes me laugh. Mommy been fooling you the whole time with Photoshop trickery! 


– Yep, that right. Mommy has been taking the time to digitally erase that spot instead of real-life erasing that spot for quite some time now.

I can hardly believe it either, but I is pointing my finger of blame at Mommy in this picture. 


– Now in all fairness, we does keep Mommy pretty busy and it easy to forget things. I know 'dis firsthand. So in case you is being judge-ee, I will stick my tongue out at you. I know it adorable, and you probably want to poke it, but try to take 'dis seriously. Maybe just have a polite word with Mommy about cleaning 'dis spot off the wall. Again, I won't say how it got there ('dis NOT important after all). Important thing is it be gone.

Thanks for listening everyone!

– Seth

PS. 'Dis probably not the time to question how I know words and phrases like "uninsulated" and "if I recall correctly" or what a Home Depot® is, while I still saying "'dis" and "I is". Just go with it everyone. Don't make me poke my tongue out at you twice!

•   •   •   •   •

Mommy note: No more Photoshop trickeries – spot will be summarily dealt with. Oh, the shame. The shame!!!

Not to mention the horrors.

- L.

2 comments:

  1. Dear L - what a treasue your little tykes have in a mommy with such a great sense of humour. Their little antics are great stress busters for those of us who watch them (as they seem to be for you as well) - I hope! Never mind the spots on the wall - keep using those photo tricks - too bad we can't use them in real life.
    Love Auntie E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Seth, Thanks for pointing out your mummy's shortcomings otherwise we wouldn't even have noticed - for sure writing funny blogs is not her shortcoming and we enjoyed it so much, even if some of the vocabulary was enhanced a bit. Thanks so much Seth and your Gamma loves you more than you'll ever know. Love, hugs and kisses, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete