Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1 Year Ago: Birth Day

I've tried a hundred times to write our story. I wanted to tell it today, but I still can't find the words.

I never knew until my sons were born that it's possible for a heart to feel like it's bursting with joy and still be breaking at the same time, but mine did that day. In the minutes that felt like hours until I got to at least see them for the very first time – even though I could hear my babies and I knew they were OK – until that moment they both might as well have been at the other end of the earth because I was helpless to get to them. I still get a lump in my throat when I look at these photos for that reason.

•   •   •   •   •

My babies, minutes old (Nate is front and center, already cutting in on Seth's face-time with an outstretched palm):


Nate's debut: 


Seth finally getting some press, still covered in vernix (which is magical stuff btw):


My first moments with Seth, aka Baby B:



I had to double check this photo because he looks so much like his brother here, but the "B" on his swaddle confirms it's Seth: 


Come to think of it, they do resemble each other the most when they're crying, so I guess that it makes sense that I'd have to take a closer look. 

And then I got to finally see Nate (aka Baby A) for the first time. Not crying anymore, just a little grumpy:



And like his brother, absolutely perfect.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nate and Seth,

    We wish you a fantastic first birthday.

    It is wonderful to view the pictures of your perfect arrival a year ago today.

    With proud and joy-filled love,

    Grandpa David and Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete