Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Fun: Some New Toys


It was hard to get pictures where everyone wasn't a frantic blur, but I did manage to catch a moment here and there of the boys enjoying some of their new toys (and a couple of old favorites too). 






The soft blocks are a big hit with everyone. They're very toddler* friendly. No chance of taking out an eye on them (or your brother's eye either). Also, they smell nice. Weird, I know, but true. Apparently they taste good too. 

The drum is a big hit with Nate especially (watch out for some new video coming soon!). I was a little leery about getting it because the flashing lights, sound effects and pre-recorded songs sounded like a recipe for being the kind of toy that would drive me up the wall after the first hour. But so far, so good – even I like playing with it. Also, it has an off switch in the event that my temples start throbbing.

Seth went pro with the shapes puzzle this morning when he put all the shapes in the correct spot and blew his mommy away. I had a feeling this toy would be well suited to Seth – he's very meticulous with sorting and stacking toys and will often try to help me tidy up when it's time to play put-away in the nursery – I just didn't expect him to be so good at it already.

- L.

*Toddler. My babies are toddlers now. *sob*

No comments:

Post a Comment