Tuesday, February 1, 2011

8:54 AM


Seth at 8:54 AM, February 01, 2011. Exactly one year old.

For Seth, my last:

One year ago at this exact time, I got to finish exhaling.

Seth, your cry wasn't quite as loud or as long as your brother's (for that matter it still isn't), but it was still amply audible and every bit as beautiful. It was also very much unmistakably you. And even though I had yet to lay eyes on you or your brother, I knew you were both there with me in that room. We had all made it safely out the other side.

I could barely contain myself as I waited to finally put a face to the kicky feet I had become so familiar with.

I hope you have the happiest of happy first birthdays.

All my love,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday Seth! I love seeing photos of you and can't believe how tall you've grown in just a year. Have a great day little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth,
    You definitely touch everyone around you with your energy, your humour, your kindness, and your sweet cuddles. I am amazed at how you bring everyone into the joy of moments, sharing toys, sharing experiences, finding hilarity in repeated gestures and expressions. You create a sense of magic and fun that is infectious. I am proud and excited to see you grow!

    Happy Birthday!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. to Seth - Gamma's birthday comments are under a previous posting but this is just to let you know (or your mother) that your britches need hiking up - where are those dapper snappers? G.R.

    ReplyDelete