Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Peace In The Valley

In the time it took to step out and fetch the jammies from the dryer and get night-time milk sippies ready, this happened:


And in case you prefer a more dramatic look, there was also this:


Pursuant to my previous post, the "peace in the valley" concept is sometimes a rather fleeting thing – and while I know I should be grateful for even the small moments I knew this one wasn't going to end well. If there's anything I've learned in the past 2 years, it's that you never ever wake a sleeping Nate. Unfortunately this time I didn't have much choice since I couldn't leave him laying on the floor all night.

Still, it was tempting for a brief moment at least.

Waking up my sleepy Nate went about as well as I thought it might (read: angry, loud and rife with square mouth). It got a little bit ugly over here temporarily, but in the end the bear and the wolf made their peace and the lion and the lamb once again laid down together.

- L.

The bear will be gentle and the wolf will be tame
And the lion shall lay down with the lamb, that's what he said
And the beast from the wild will be led by a little child*
And I will be changed from this creature that I am.

*Ha ha. No kidding! Little child beats beast from the wild any day. I can't believe someone even wrote this down.

No comments:

Post a Comment