Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Hallowe'en Everyone!


– Hey bro'... you need some help with that?

– Because I knows my way around a lock or two. And then
maybe you help me with 'dis pesky leg iron, OK?

– Oh, hi everyone. Is me, Seth. I is outlaw on the lamb right now.

– Maybe you is wondering what my crime is. I doesn't blame you.
I pretty upstanding guy up until now.

– Turns out I steal too many hearts.

– Penalties is no deterrent though.
Also if you is a cutie, you gots my number(s) now.

– Oh, hi everyone. Is me, Nate. I is here to serve and protect.

– I investigate last known area where suspect was sighted.
Also is OK if you swoon a little here. Uniform has that effect sometimes.

– Naturally I move on in due course.
I tell Mommy I is "doing police business" but I think
'dis look say it all.

– And if not, 'dis look should.

– In the end, I wait by fence for suspect to appear.
Is also convenient way to show off back of costume.

– Oh, there you is.
– And there you is. We meet at last.
– Backyard only so big after all.
– True enough.

• • • • • • • 

Four things:

1. Nate really did tell me he was "doing police business". 

2. In case you are wondering where yesterday's skeleton went, there are no less than 3 layers of thermal shirts (plus a T-shirt) and 2 layers of pants (1 thermal, 1 fleece) underneath those costumes.

3. This photo is way too cute:

– I think we breaking cute laws right now Nate.
– You is right. I is about to arrest us both right now.

4. Despite appearances, Nate had those handcuffs down like nobody's business before I even turned the camera on, but his concentrated efforts made me laugh. Truth be told I think I might have miscast this year's costumes because if you need a lock picked Nate is definitely your man. 


The handcuffs are a toy and came with some laughable toy "keys" that I actually had to use to unlock them when I was just checking them out. Nate spent most of our photo shoot sans keys locking and unlocking them and saying, "Looks like a three... now it looks like a zero" as he Houdini'd them back and forth – and as much as I hate to admit it, I still have no idea how he did it. 

– Is like a three and a zero right now.
My boys... putting the trick in "trick or treat" since the day they were born.

Happy Hallowe'en everyone!

- L.

3 comments:

  1. Well, that's just the mostest handsomest Police Officer and Jailer I ever did see - Happy H'dween you two little munchkins from your Gamma Rita that loves you more that 10 pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the same building as Gamma Rita and we are always waiting for the next pictures to be put up on her door - I also follow the blog and thanks for "making my day" more enjoyable - my grandson is 3 and we sure like the turkeys and ghosts -

      Delete
  2. Well I went home the same eve i wrote about pics of Seth and Nate on Gamma Rita's door - and sure enough there were pics of you in your costumes and your ghosts are there for all of Gamma Rita's visitors to see - I can't wait to see what you boys create for Christmas - keep up the good work - your mom sure has good ideas -

    ReplyDelete