Friday, November 9, 2012

Dark But Sometimes Light


I was chatting with my boys over breakfast this morning as we do every morning and the topic of babies came up as it does from time to time since they have a new baby cousin. I said they were babies once upon a time and lived in Mommy's tummy before they were born.

Jokingly I asked them if they remembered before they were born and they both said "yes".

So I asked them what it was like in Mommy's tummy.

"Dark".
"But sometimes light".

I asked them if they remembered what they did in Mommy's tummy.

"Kicking".
"Hiccups. And Seth."

I asked them if they heard anything.

"Mommy. Daddy was not there."
"Thump noise. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh."

I don't know what to make of it really, but I'm posting it because this has to be the most incredible conversation I've ever had in my entire life.

- L.

PS. Nate did not literally say "whoosh" but rather made a whooshing sound that sounded like a heartbeat – or at least what would pass for what I used to hear when we had a good doppler and a nice technician who let us listen in.

PPS. This post seems incomplete without a picture and as it happens I have a picture that I love but was never quite sure how to work into a post, especially since it was taken last summer and the window of opportunity kind of came and went. I colored my hair a little. And I got smooches.


4 comments:

  1. Amazing conversation and beautiful picture <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should all be asking our 2.5 yr. olds about life before they entered light. Another hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,

    This conversation is fascinating and I can honestly say that I am not one bit surprised as both Nate and Seth are extremely bright. From what I have read, these memories do exist for some but seem to fade after the age of three.

    “Curiouser and curiouser!” cried Alice.

    Thx for sharing.
    Auntie Lo
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. L -

    One of a Kind tickets did not get mailed as I thought. If you are still interested I have two I can leave for you at the Direct Energy Center holding booth. Show runs November 22-December 2. Reply and let me know!

    "N.D."

    P.S. This is the best conversation ever. You should make that into art with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete