Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Soggy Bottom Boys


The short version because I'm tired: my boys do not entertain the concept of actually getting into water outside of a bath even in this insufferable heat. We bought the world's smallest pool for them this summer without any real expectation that they would get in it, but you know... try, try again and all that.

The "pool" is filled with bath temperature water which made them (sort of) finally brave it. Nate sat down long enough to barely get his underpants* wet. I'm still not sure how Seth's ended up soggy – probably something to do with a watering can though. I never saw him put more than his feet in the watering hole.

– This soggy enough yet, mama?





- L.

*The boys have proper swim trunks, but when no one has a reasonable expectation that anyone is going to get wet we don't bother with formalities in our own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment