Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Black Cord

– "This is just how I remember it!"

– "This can't be right."

It's been at least 2 years since the last time my boys talked about the time they were "in Mommy's tummy" and recounted tales of what that was like, but last night as we were getting ready for bed Seth asked me this:

"When I was still in your tummy, what was that black cord? It was attached to me. Why?".

I explained about belly buttons, that the cord was blue (but might have looked black inside my tummy) and how that was where we were attached by a cord while he was growing, but the whole time my mind was more than a little boggled to say the least. How does he remember these things at age 4.5?

Nobody knows, except maybe Gamma Rita who has always said that, "Seth was born just knowing things", and that much is true at least.

- L.

PS. The pictures were taken this morning with an actual black cord. It's not a bad analogy, even if Nate was a little confused at the end. I have a feeling some conversations are in my imminent future.

1 comment: