Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Kettle Campaign 2011


– Mommy bring us to mall in our fancy Christmas hats and say we is going to do fun thing, but we stop here for some reason. 
– Can't wait to see fun thing! Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...


– ... oh boy, oh... er... uhmmm... what is 'dis?
– Don't know, but there is big ball with money in it staring us in the face. 


– You know, sometimes Mommy blow me away, Seth. Ball of money sounds like super fun time!
– It get even better, Nate! Gamma Rita just pull out stack of fivers. 


– I look around and make sure we not on Candid Camera.
– I *not* look around because Gamma is handing me some cold hard cash right now. 'Dis just keeps getting better and better! 


– Now Gamma lift me right up even closer to big ball of money and I think to myself, "Here my big chance!". Is now or never, everyone!
– Do it. Do it NOW!!! No one looking. QUICK! 


– Oh hi everyone. Is me, Seth. I bet you think we is up to caper*, but it turn out we come to put money IN the big ball of money. Mommy explain it better below, but it turn out to be pretty feel-good experience. Of course, I speaking only for myself. If you is like Nate, you maybe disagree with this. 


– Bye-bye pretty blue paper. *sniffle*

*'Dis typically correct assumption everyone!

• • • • • • •

Mommy note: Last year we had a lot of fun getting our boxes ready for Operation Christmas Child. This year, we decided to help out families and children closer to home via a donation to The Salvation Army's Christmas Kettle Campaign. If you would like to make a donation to help out local families and marginalized people in your area, you can do so in person wherever you see a Christmas kettle or online at www.FilltheKettle.com.

The Kettle Campaign is accepting donations until Christmas Eve.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet - Gamma Rita teaching the boys the spirit of giving. They look so grown up already and I love the red hats. This Christmas will be more interesting for them and we can't wait to see the morning after pictures with the living room covered in wrapping paper and happy little boys! Merry Christmas from Great Auntie E.

    ReplyDelete