Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Series Of Happy Accidents

"Remember our golden rule: we don't make mistakes, we make happy accidents, so we can turn this into a beautiful painting no matter what, because between the two of us, we can do anything.” 
– Bob Ross 

Apparently my boys are familiar with the golden rule of Bob Ross because they made what they considered to be a very happy accident all over their room a week or more ago. Also, between the two of them they can do just about anything (especially when no one is looking) which has been well documented here and here. I'm not sure if the "painting" they made was beautiful or not since no one took the time to fully appreciate it before Gamma Rita and I sprung into action with a lot of soap and water and bleach, but even a cursory glance indicated that my sons certainly gave it their all "no matter what".

And just in case you aren't sure where I'm going with this post, it's about poop.

Things ended with a bucket of legos and a few other assorted toys drying outside after a thorough scouring:




And also this: 



Why yes, that IS duct tape!

I bought it in white to fix a one-time thing around the house and despite an occasional empty threat here or there, it's laid dormant among the fix-it supplies.

At least until now.

I did not stop to take pictures of the carnage I walked in on in the AM last week, but by complete happenstance Gamma Rita enjoyed a Klondike bar after lunch the same day and shared a little chocolate and ice-cream with her grandsons. I guess you could say it was another happy accident – at least if Seth recreating a smaller scale version of the "painting" in chocolate rather than poop counts for anything. 

– It look a lot like 'dis everyone, but original was bigger.

– And I doesn't want to alarm you, but when I say bigger I mean lots bigger.

– Almost as big as my poop-eatin' grin everyone! I help with morning art project
so 'dis is qualified opinion.

As for the duct tape, it turns out Nate and Seth were pretty impressed and more than happy to show off for the camera. 

– 'Dis our new and improved diapers, everyone!
– And so far they is holding up despite our best efforts to make more morning
painting fun in room.

– Is OK though. We likes a challenge.
– Also we like duct tape as it turn out. 'Dis really was a happy accident, everyone!

- L. 

PS. I started writing this post last week, so the original pictures pre-dated my discovery of this: 



Duck® Brand duct tape comes in tons of fun colors and patterns as it turns out. You should have seen the look on Nate and Seth's faces when I pulled out the roll of blue penguin tape at bedtime a few nights ago. Trust me when I say it was a definite hit, and much like the plain white it's doing a fine job (so far) of keeping the diapers on in the morning until I make it in to the boys' room.

PPS. My apologies to the late Bob Ross for taking his beautiful quote places it never should have gone. It was, however, too good to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment