Friday, September 14, 2012

Like Being Thrown Into Boot Camp (Ft. "The Two Nates")


When I've had a rough day with the boys and don't want to re-live it just yet via a blog post, I will often go digging in the archives to see if there's a happy thing to post about instead. Apparently this has been a rough week since I wasn't coming up with much.

And by that I mean it's been a rough week for me. The boys are having a great time without question:



Those smiles are 100% legit by the way since you all know what happens when I ask them to smile for the camera. This was earlier in the week when they discovered that they could stay up late and keep Mommy hopping if they said "Pee-pee! Potty now!".

We went through a lot of duct tape that night.

The really big kicker though was "at the same time" diaper changing – and in case there's any doubt this was their idea, not mine. After about the third pass I decided to get the camera out.

Unfortunately I erred on the side of error and the rest of the "Pee-pee! Potty now!" trips came with additional requests to "Take picture now!".

Whoops!

Bedtime (complete with sleeping toddlers) ended up being about an hour later than usual that night. By the time I took the pictures the boys were about ready to orbit the room. 

– I flying high on lack of sleep everyone!

Also, this is the look Nate gets on his face when he's about to cut loose with getting up to no-good in a way that he thinks is most hysterical: 

– Mommy say I not have good poker face. I not know what that mean
so I keep making 'dis face until I figures it out.

Of course all of this was before they managed to defeat the duct tape. From start to finish it lasted just over a week, so not such a great solution as it turned out despite my optimism. We are duct tape free once again. Perhaps the take-away here is that at least no one has made any impromptu art, except that there is no take-away really. You wouldn't believe the things they've been into and I'm grasping at straws. 

Like I said, it's been a rough week and we are missing Gamma Rita more than you know because clearly the kids saved it up until the ratio was back to two against one.

This is not good.

If there's anything to be salvaged here it's over this way in the form of a new video on our YouTube™ channel. The first part (and then some) is my boys after breakfast putting on a bit of a show yesterday morning. It took me awhile before I realized they were pretty serious about it and went to grab the camera.

As you all know, camera sometimes = Michigan J. Frog so I had to do a little prompting, but not much. They definitely ran with it, even with some fairly serious jam-face going on.

The good part though is around the 1:50 mark and it's why the video is called "The Two Nates". Don't worry, Seth isn't confused about his identity (check out his slip up at 2:57). It's just his way of driving his brother around the bend. "The Two Nates" act shows up quite a lot around here and tonight it's a comfort to see someone other than me going a little batty. 

Misery loves company after all. Enjoy!

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment