Monday, September 2, 2013

When You Look Away...


When you look away is always when the magic happens.

I made the mistake of looking here when my boys made a dragon:



At the time I thought it was a pretty good dragon made out of magnet letters on the fridge so I said "Hold on, I'll go and grab my camera..." and then chugged upstairs and downstairs to fetch it.

This is my boys showing off their dragon:



The level of excitement on the left is palpable. Nate of course was making his regular face for the camera, so don't read too much into it.

Except, somewhere between taking a picture of a dragon only a mommy could love, Nate made a fairly fantastic chicken:



And I'm going to work on looking away a little more often.*

- L.

PS. Something you will either get or not, but foxes do love a chicken (albeit sometimes a little too hard).

*But not for too long. Looking away is also when the mischief happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nate and Seth,

    I just want to tell you that I love the way you made your dragon and your chicken.

    You are amazing at using your magnetic letters to make such fantastic animals!

    I can hardly wait to see what else you can create.

    Sending hugs and kisses and happy smiles,

    Grandma Leslie



    ReplyDelete