Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Possibly The Best $12.95 I Ever Spent

Of course I had no idea at the time how far my dollars would stretch or how loved and obsessed over a simple set of soft-foam ABCs and 123s would be or I would have been on it sooner.

The Bath Toys™ first made their debut on the blog here, but were already very much a bath-time staple at that point. Two months later we are still going strong, and just so you know, Bath Toys™ aren't just for baths anymore.

Requested first thing in the morning and loved until it's time for lights out – and by that I mean Seth's personal "lights out" since he's not content to go to sleep unless the container of bath toys is in his crib – they are an all day kind of toy.

Outside of the bath, they've made inadvertent appearances here and here, in similar fashion to the train toy decorations. Really, these simple foam shapes are out pretty much all day and there are definite threats of mutiny if I make any attempt to put them away.

For $12.95 I got my money's worth months ago.

The Bath Toys™ really are a pretty fun toy, especially in the bath since getting them wet makes them stick to pretty much any surface – like your tub or tiles for example. Of course, if you absolutely, positively MUST bring your Bath Toys™ back to the nursery post-bath when they are most certainly bound to still be at least a bit damp AND you also happen to have a pair of toddlers bent on finding new ways to have fun with said toys, then you pretty much end up with a scenario like this: 






In case the pictures aren't doing what just might be the BEST TOY EVER! justice, there is also a video here. I have no idea what the strange noise is that my boys are making almost the entire time, but it has something to do with the twin mind-meld* they often have. 

- L.

*The twin mind-meld? It's one of those "I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it" kind of things, but I'm definitely a convert now. And yep, there's a post about that coming soon.

PS. OP trivia: the pics and video were our Christmas Eve shenanigans before bed. Forget the milk and cookies everyone (Santa is stinkeroo anyway) – Bath Toys™ is where it's at!

2 comments:

  1. We have these too! I find them everywhere, the boys love them.

    I need to buy another set, because over the years some of them have gone missing (or been buried in the garden) so we no longer have a full set.

    I agree they are definitely worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and Ollie likes to stick them to Tristans bum in the bath when he isnt looking.

    ReplyDelete