Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Important Discoveries With Nate & Seth

Well, even if we're not sure who that other guy is, we know we like him. We like to smile at him and check him out and we like talking to each other, and even though it sounds like babble to mommy we're busy getting stuff done.



– Psst... want to hear a secret?



– See this thing here that I'm holding? It's your hand. I have one too. It's in my mouth.



– No way! This is exciting news. Are you serious?



– Yup. See? I have one hand here and... whoa! – yours looks gigantic! What's up with that? Better bring it in closer.



– That's better. See? I have one hand and you have one hand.
– Whoa... cool!
– Totally cool. And check this out...



– I have another hand over here. And... SO DO YOU!!!
– This is fascinating stuff Nate. Does anyone else know?
– Nope, just us.



– Oh no, Seth! Where did that camera come from? Was mommy there the whole time?
– I think our cover is blown Nate. I'm outta here.

Mommy note: Life around here is full of important discoveries lately and I loved catching this one on camera. The boys are spending more and more time alert and playing after a feeding and it's so incredible to watch their awareness of each other grow day by day. This morning they really did have quite the conversation with Nate in his Boppy and Seth on my knee. They took turns babbling at each other with thoughtful pauses, smiles and hands reaching out to touch and explore – and even though I couldn't understand a thing somehow they made perfect sense to each other.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Nate and Seth - what enormous joy and laughs you give us already and we haven't even met you yet. We can hardly wait - don't grow up too fast! What an incredible mommy you have who obviously delights in you both and devotes so much time sharing your antics with everyone - love the commentary, fits perfectly with the pictures. Keep them coming. Auntee E.

    ReplyDelete