Monday, May 10, 2010

One Whole Week!

As if I didn't already have enough reasons to think my babies are awesome, we've officially enjoyed one whole week of our babies sleeping through the night! In fact, they even slept in this morning until 7:30 – but typically our routine has been getting Nate and Seth to bed around 9 PM and them waking around 6 or 6:30 in the AM.

It's been wonderful, but it turns out I could use a crash course on sleeping through the night myself since I'm still waking up at all the usual times and then having a hard time getting back to sleep. I do look forward to getting used to this new schedule though and I know it will sort itself out. : )

In the meantime, I'm very much aware that M. and I are the luckiest mommy and daddy on the planet to have been blessed with two amazing sleepers at just 14 weeks.

I took some pics of my well-rested boys this morning modeling new shirts I bought for them over the weekend. I had to retire quite a few outfits once again which is always so bittersweet to me. I love watching my babies grow, but does it have to happen so fast?

My little guys are getting so big!









I think Nate is teaching Seth about feet in the last picture. As usual, Seth looks totally intrigued!

It was quite funny watching them progressively slide down the couch and/or topple over a little – I had to keep propping them back up – although for the most part they're getting very good at keeping at least their heads upright without support. I'm sure it won't be long before they're sitting up all by themselves, but for now I'm loving my floopy babies.

- L.

3 comments:

  1. amazing! you give all of us new parents hope for a good nights sleep in the not too distant future!
    beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo number 2 looks like a "pull my finger Seth" photo - hee, hee! Beautiful, beautiful babies - hope you had a wonderful mother's day and your little honey got you something wonderful. Talk to you later. Mummeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping through the night already? Wow Super Mom...I'm so amazed and you give me hope that my two girls will be right on their heels. They are completely adorable too!

    I also was putting away the newborn and preemie clothing this week which was very bittersweet for me as well. I know what you mean with the mixed feelings.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete