Monday, May 9, 2011

My Awesome Mother's Day: Part III

Did I mention we had beautiful weather here on Sunday for Mother's Day? After our big photo shoot and a quick snack to refuel, the guys announced we were heading out for a walk – ostensibly to enjoy some sunshine – but then surprised me with a crisp $20 on our way out the door* and told me to get myself something nice.

So I did.

Here are the guys all ready to go help me spend my Mother's Day loot:


They helped me pick out some pretty flowers and then insisted I get myself a treat from Starbucks on the way home. Such thoughtful boys! 


And see how pretty? They have excellent taste as well. 


So I'm sure you can imagine after all this I was pretty surprised to find that Nate and Seth still thought I still hadn't done enough to treat myself. They absolutely insisted I pick this up also: 


I really couldn't say no.

And so ice cream was served all-around after supper along with chopped mango. I decided to revisit these bowls again rather than rinse off their dinner plates – and the results are much like you'd expect. 


– How 'dis thing come off again? I think I look under here for clues. 


– Forget getting bowl off mat, Nate. I has better solution.

And just because I know how much their Gamma Rita likes a good "food face" picture, here's what the aftermath looked like: 


How about some kisses, Gamma Rita?
- L. 

*Said crisp $20 actually arrived a few days prior via post, but it really was from Nate and Seth – even if the writing in the card did look suspiciously like Gamma Rita's. : )

PS. In case it wasn't obvious from the last picture, the bowl did indeed end up on the floor. Seth managed to dump the contents out onto his tray first though – no sense wasting perfectly good ice-cream covered mango after all. Smart boy.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Gamma Rita isn't taking any kisses from those food facaes - yucky, yucky! Nevertheless, Gamma Rita loves you and sends lots of kisses - mummy can give them out. xoxoxo Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete