Friday, May 27, 2011

Where The Ability To Share Responsibly Is Directly Proportional To The Covet Factor*

I was trying to take a few pictures of the boys a couple of nights ago. Or whenever the last time we had good enough weather for them to be wearing their new summer-time one-piece outfits. I find I sometimes lose track of entire days around here by the way. Chasing toddlers all day tends to have that effect I suppose.

But I digress...

Aside from the cute summer togs, somehow the rinsing cup for the bath ended up in the nursery and Nate and the cup were soon inseparable:


Which made taking a picture of him a little difficult since he clearly preferred the cup-over-the-face look:


Of course, when you have something so new and easily coveted, it's only a matter of time before your brother notices and absconds with said item:


Shown: Seth reaching into Seth's Library™** with his right hand.
Not shown: The coveted cup in his left hand.

Also shown: The offended party being most offended indeed.

You know, I don't normally take the time to snap pics of my babies crying since I have a tendency to put the camera down when someone is unhappy so I can offer comfort and restore order. But I've had a few people ask if my babies ever cry because no one ever sees them crying. So to all those who were in doubt, this pic is for you.

After order was at last restored in the nursery, Seth put on his best innocent face for this pic: 

I is innocent everyone! 'Dis face look innocent, right?
Or does I need to practice more?
And you know, if I hadn't been on the scene to see what went down, I'd find this look pretty convincing. I have a feeling I'm going to be quite sunk if/when any real trouble goes on around here.

- L.

* Nate and Seth are surprisingly good at sharing given that they are not even 16 months old. But at any given time, there is always one item that is coveted above all others and squabbles ensue. I'm not clear on how items become THE item, since it's seldom something brand new that piques their interest (although in this case it was). Often the coveted item du jour is a toy or book that has been around for awhile. I'm starting to suspect that all the Dibba-Day speak of late is when their strategies for the week get mapped out, including this one.

** I will post about this one of these days. It's totally a nursery landmark and deserves much more than a passing mention here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment