Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Post In Which I Confess I'm A Bad Mommy

I confess it. I'm a bad Mommy.

*sigh*

Oh sure, the boys are doing well. Great even. Learning new skills every day (and lately at an alarming rate).

But still.

Still, there are certain milestones you don't completely forget to mention. Some are pretty big events after all.

Like taking those tentative first steps.

And yet.

And yet I just had to go digging for the post where I tacked on an "Oh, by the way Seth is walking now" note at the end.

Sadly, Nate didn't even get that much. 

This is not good. This is the stuff bad Mommies are made of. This is stinkeroo everyone. 

So let's just clear up a few very important details right now:

Seth took his first steps on April 8th, the day after the great Penaten caper. The jury is still out on whether Penaten might have played a role in this, but Penaten Power or not an event like this deserved its own post.

Nate took his first steps on Easter Sunday. For the record, that was nearly a month ago – and while I'm starting to suspect Nate is a bit of a showman and prefers to save his really big moves for special occasions (and in all fairness to busy Mommies everywhere, including me, things tend to be exponentially busier around special occasions) – still... I found time to make no less than three posts about Easter and Nate didn't even get a note tacked on at the end about said new moves.

This is beyond bad Mommy.

This is sitting rather squarely in SUPER bad Mommy territory at this point.

This is not a good place to be. Not a good place to be at all.

*sigh*

I can only hope the incredibly cute video I've just posted to our YouTube™ channel will immediately make everyone forget my transgressions. Like throwing sand in your eyes to distract you, but in a cute way.

A really cute way.

Complete with walking. And hijinks. And babies.

Oh my. 

- L.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're getting "bad mommy" mixed up with "busy mommy". Lots of love from your mommy.

    ReplyDelete