Thursday, April 7, 2011

Operation Defeat Is A Success!


This is the warning on the package for almost every baby-proofing device currently in the house, but in this particular case on this particular morning, "it" happened to be this gadget: 


See? Total defeat.

Which led to the discovery of this:


No, it doesn't normally look like that. Yuck. This was shot post-rescue.

And as much as I would have loved to bring you pictures of the "Penaten Twins", I was too busy scrambling to clean everyone up before any more Penaten-laced fingers made it into someone's mouth. Yes. I said "any more" because it was pretty obvious that Nate and Seth had been sampling the wares before I poked my head into the nursery. In hindsight, I should have known it was a little too quiet in there for anything other than shenanigans.

Just when I thought I had everything anchored down and locked up tight, it all came unravelled in the span of 5 minutes. What can I say? My guys work fast.

Seth's PJs afterwards: 


And some impromptu testing on animals: 


In hindsight, perhaps buying them this last week wasn't the most prudent move, but you'll have to trust me when I say they were already well on their way in the latch busting department. Which, of course, is why I thought they'd enjoy that toy so much. You have to admit, it's certainly been educational.

- L.

4 comments:

  1. It seems there is no doubt now that Penaten cream has a fantastic attraction for curious boys!

    And what an amazing break-in!!

    Oodles of snuggles(anyway),

    Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are so clever! Look out mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silence. It always preceded the discovery of great mischief for us as well.

    Good for you for documenting it so artfully! Wonder how long you'll be discovering the Penaten streaks about!

    (Thanks so much for including Twinspiration in the "books you like!" Means much!)

    Enjoy your creamy crew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just picture them in ski masks doing some safe cracking in about 20 years! Kidding! Silence almost always = mischief!

    ReplyDelete