Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Part II: Bunnies Are Welcome After All

Nate and Seth would like you to know there's been a change of heart on the bunny front, and as such, bunnies will now be considered an integral part of Easter – as long as they are made entirely of chocolate. Sadly, one such bunny met its demise after supper last night. I did my best to keep things as humane as possible, but we all know there's only one way to eat a chocolate bunny and it's never pretty.

Before:


After: 

Off with their heads!
I was a little hesitant about a sweet so late in the day, but it was their first opportunity to try chocolate and a special occasion no less. I couldn't say no to that.

Also, I was really curious to see what their reactions would be (other than a sugar buzz). I'll just tell you right now, it was a hit – but I have to admit I was expecting messier faces when all was said and done. Seth came through a little at the end, but Nate remained surprisingly tidy. I think he took extra care to make sure every last bit ended up in his mouth and there wasn't so much as a crumb in his bib pocket when all was said and done.

•   •   •   •   •

Nate and Seth surveying the goods for the first time: 


And following a most studious analysis, their first bites: 



Some close up/aftermath shots:


I make 'dis soul patch work everyone!
Wonder if Mommy will let me keep it.


Possibly the exact moment the sugar kicked in. Be afraid.
And behold the not-so-subtle mischief in these faces: 



Clearly, chocolate is fuel for shenanigans. Thankfully, our supplies* are limited. 

- L.

*Supplies of chocolate, that is. We are always fully stocked when it comes to shenanigans. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment