Friday, April 1, 2011

Seating Arrangements

I decided to try out a new seating arrangement in the kitchen yesterday. Now that Nate and Seth are no longer eating pureés – and in fact, refuse to eat anything that is not a self-serve finger food – it's no longer necessary for me to sit between them furiously wielding a spoon back and forth. I decided to place the highchairs side-by-side facing the window, which means not only no more Home Depot DIY backdrop for Seth, but better lighting too – all the better to admire his big, blue eyes by.

And all his new hair too! It might be business in the front, but Seth has definitely been busy growing a party in the back.


– I make 'dis mullet work, everyone! 


– Tho' I forget what I is doing here. I feel like answer is right in front of me though. 


– Oh yes. Is right in front of me! Is breakfast. Mommy make french toast and bananas. 'Dis my favorite breakfast in the whole world. 


– Seriously everyone. French toast and bananas. If you is not eating 'dis right now you should stop reading and go get some. Is delicious. 


– Especially the maple syrup. 'Dis best part. Nom. 


– Does you need some help with that, Seth? Look everyone, I is helping!
– I don't know 'bout 'dis new seating arrangement, but I is pursing my lips in disapproval at 'dis business. Nobody mess with my breakfast!

•   •   •   •   •

Mommy note: Nate wasn't wasting any time at breakfast yesterday and finished well before Seth which did clue me in to at least one potential flaw in the new side-by-side arrangement.

No worries though – I was able to distract Nate by scrubbing all the syrup stickies off him. His shirt ended up going straight to the laundry hamper however. 


– French toast and impromptu fakey nakey time? 'Dis my lucky day everyone!

And lastly, a photo I nearly overlooked... 

"Why, I oughta..."

... until I noticed Seth's expression and couldn't stop laughing for a good 10 minutes. It's still giving me the giggles. Seriously, don't mess with his breakfast everyone!

- L.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Seth, I hope the next time I come to visit you'll share some of that delicious breakfast with your Gamma Rita - and make one of those cute faces. And maybe Nate will let me play with his train set. Keep on eating (and growing those lovely red curls). Lots of love, hugs and kisses, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your highchairs.. where did they come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Hilo" highchairs are made by Age Design (http://www.agedesign.ca/). They're pricey, but since they double as both a highchair and a seat for bigger kids (up to 6 years) I managed to justify the expense. Also, they're super stylish and I really couldn't say no to the red ones.

    ReplyDelete