Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hello New Beds!

The cribs were converted while the boys had their supper – no drill required either, so it was a silent operation.

Suffice it to say, our stealth was rewarded with maximum effect.

A picture for posterity before the big reveal: 

New blanket, new pillow and a new (and potentially nightmare-inducing) stuffed toy.
Perfect!
Of course, this picture makes it look like the new beds were met with calmness, but trust me when I say it's a fluke shot: 


In fact, there weren't many pictures that weren't just a messy blur. This is the only one of my boys together where everyone is reasonably in focus (made possible by the discovery that the new blankets lift up): 


And then it was game on: 



... and on: 


 
... and on:


This is the only picture I could get of Nate by himself where he is at least nearly in focus: 


My boys had a good 90 minutes to check out their new beds before bedtime and they made good use of every single one of them. No one bothered with toys – it was all about the beds and the possibilities contained therein.

Or not so contained as it turned out.

But the hour is late, and how it all turned out is a story for another day.

Sleep tight.

- L.

2 comments:

  1. You are so brave L.! Please update on how this transition goes for you. I may wait a few years for this one if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ikea cribs even more now!! I love the way they look as toddler beds!

    And now I've officially commented. :)

    ReplyDelete