Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meet Pickles.


I mentioned in my previous post – and probably a few others as well since we converted the cribs – that my boys are not only able to get out of bed now but frequently do before they settle in for the night. 

The wooden dinosaurs ("DINE-SOARS!") above were the very first things they went for given the opportunity. And despite many soft cuddly toys readily at their disposal – toys I would venture to say they think of fondly and with affection – these are the first toys they've taken an interest in naming*.

And just so you know, Pickles and Pickles also happen to be "best friends"**.

I have no idea where they come up with these things***.

- L.

*The teddies that they've had forever are called "Teddy". The new teddies they received as a gift for their birthday (the ones that are super soft and are a big hit with Seth especially) are called "Soft Teddy". Sock Monkey is known as "Sock Monkey". Granted, these are all names of one sort or another – but "Pickles" is definitely the stand-out here.

**Teddy and Teddy, Soft Teddy and Soft Teddy, and Sock Monkey and Sock Monkey are also all "best friends".

***Really, I just don't know. The last time the boys ate pickles was early September. They weren't a huge hit so I haven't served them since, nor have I had any myself. I kind of forgot about the pickles in the fridge to be honest. There is a pickle in The Very Hungry Caterpillar book so I'm guessing that's where this came from since we read that book within a week of the "Pickles twins" (fraternal obviously) first significant appearance on the scene.

PS. Despite their un-cuddly aspects, Pickles and Pickles have been cuddled to sleep to no end. They are a bed-time essential at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment