Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Full Serving Of "BONK!" (Hold The Itchy Nose)


Seth had a run-in with the butcher block table yesterday afternoon and while I'd like to say "but you should have seen the table!", unfortunately this time Seth took the blows when he collided with the metal bar at the bottom after a full-speed wipe out.

As is typical of a true injury, "itchy nose" is never part of the equation (also, real injuries are more easily ministered to than the fake kind which is a big part of the litmus test for serious vs. fake). Seth was up and having a good time once again in short order. I on the other hand was simultaneously wondering why Seth (or misfortune) has it in for that eye in particular and marveling that the goose-egg on his head had diminished as much as it had by the time I took some pics (approximately 90 minutes later when my boys were finishing up dessert).

Nate has unexpectedly turned out to be my daredevil wild-child and I guess he must be very good at it as I haven't reported any Nate-related injuries since the toe incident, despite many heart-stopping moments. Seth on the other hand is still my little bulldozer (skip to the 1:30 mark to see what I mean) and if there's the possibility of a way through something he's probably going to try to take it ("over" is not the preferred route in case you were wondering, but he did eventually settle for it in that instance at least). Also, he's a little bit clumsy as it turns out*.

I think I'm going to let the boys take it from here...

– Oh hi everyone! Is me, Seth. I attempt to move through table today and
it not go so well. 'Dis photo not show it off to best advantage though.

– I not asked to be in 'dis photo, but I decides to be in it anyway. Hi everyone!

– Mommy say 'dis photo reasonable interpretation of my spectacular "BONK!", but it not really since 'dis is only half of what it look like an hour before.
Good thing I is tough guy and not let it hold me back.
We is dueling for after-dinner raspberries and I more than holding my own.

– I not care about being is 'dis pic so much. Mostly just trying to keep from losing
spoon right now in epic raspberry battle.

- L.

*Seth inherited the clumsy from his Gamma Rita. Gamma Rita also prefers a route through things. Coincidence? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment