Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The OP Presents: Canada Day 2012

– Happy Canada Day, everyone!

– I is also wishing you a Happy Canada Day, everyone!
Please overlook upside-down flag. Is not subversive action; I just
not quite have the hang of 'dis yet.

Before the flags came out, I took a few pics of the boys in their Canada Day T-shirts. Nate looked a little bored:

– Mommy say there be big party, but I don't see big party.

Seth, on the other hand appeared prepared to make his own fun, judging from the mischievous look on his face:

– I brings my own party everyone!

– I sure hope someone remembered to invite some cuties.

– I sit here and strike pose just in case.

I, on the other hand, was hoping to get a shot of the three of us so I handed the camera over to M. Unfortunately this is about as good as it got:


So I called it quits on the group shot and went with individual ones instead. Judging from the look on Nate's face, he's not exactly into it here:


But he did get into it eventually:


Seth, on the other hand, was still keeping an eye out for the cuties:


Sorry buddy, I hate to disappoint but this is about as close as you're going to get to a cutie today:

– No offense Mommy, but I keep eye out just in case.

Finally we brought out the flags:


Which turned out to be a pretty big hit, especially with Nate:


And speaking of mischievous looks, Seth doesn't exactly have the market cornered. Check out this face:

– I's about to be up to things, everyone!

The source of that look had to do with making a run for some bushes at the back of the yard that I'm forever pulling someone (mostly Nate) out of: 

– Hey, looks like you drop your flag!

– Well, well... things really be looking up around here now!

Fortunately we had a few spares so Nate didn't have to go without, and a piggy-back ride from Daddy took his mind off the hijinks:

– I think I run into those bushes more often everyone! Whee!!!

After a wardrobe change, it was time to kick off our pool party. Seth wasn't too wild about the pool: 

– Give me a warm bath any day, but 'dis pool business is stinkeroo.
What kind of stunt Mommy trying to pull anyway?

Nate however was sporting about it:



At least until they decided to check out their new water table and toys. The boys pretty much played with this non-stop for the rest of the afternoon:






At least until it was time for more piggy-back rides:



And a short-break to rehydrate and make some sticker art:


– Stickers is fun, but have you checked out my tattoo everyone?
Is like sticker, but is on me instead of paper. Very cool.

Nate before he got derailed by his tattoo. I love this picture:



The boys had a bit more time to run around and then it was time for dinner. BBQ chicken, caesar salad and garlic bread – the last two are always a hit with Nate and Seth, but they did a pretty good job with the chicken too:



Of course, I'm sure the only reason they ate dinner at all was because they hadn't seen the desserts at that point. Grandpa David baked up some amazing Canada Day cupcakes, which were a big hit and tasted as good as they looked:



I made some Canada Day cookies. I prefer them plain, but you know which ones the boys picked:


– Why choose when you can have both?

– I also try both, but I think you can tell where my heart lie on 'dis one. Yum!

Despite the sugar load at the end, the boys actually went to sleep on time last night (or a reasonable approximation anyway). They were pretty tuckered out after our busy, but very fun day.

Probably not as tired as the grown-ups though. I know I slept well last night!

Once again, Happy Canada Day everyone!

- L.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day! Looks like they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! You are all beautiful! Happy Canada day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day!!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful day :-)

    ReplyDelete