Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Poop Joke

The past week has been fairly lousy with rain*. Yesterday was sunny however, and we spent the greater part of it outside either at the park or out for a walk or in the backyard. I was determined to enjoy as much of it with my boys as possible, which included a great deal of running at one point as it turned out.

After some back and forth relays in the backyard with the new bubble mower, I decided to take a breather. This was met with some resistance on the part of Nate and Seth to which I (unfortunately) replied, "I'm sorry guys, but Mommy's pooped. I need to sit down for a bit".

Cue a confused glance between my boys followed by "Mommy pooped!" which I took to mean "Mommy is pooped" in toddler speak since we aren't always down with proper tenses. Cue also Gamma Rita in a fit of laughter. Lastly, cue me with a question mark over my head.

When Gamma Rita was able to stop laughing long enough to get the words out she clued me in and said, "They think you've pooped yourself and that's why you need to sit down".

And it turned out, that's exactly what my boys did think.

Oy.

So henceforth and forevermore any and all "surprises" are now known as treats, and being in a state of fatigue will simply be referred to as "Mommy is tired now". 

*sigh*

- L.

*I wrote this post a week ago and then didn't end up posting it (or anything else) because chasing after my boys lately has left me especially pooped tired at night. The weather has cleared up considerably since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment