Wednesday, August 1, 2012

2 And A Half Men (Part I)

Today my boys turned two and a half. I don't know where all the time has gone, but I knew I couldn't let this particular half-birthday slip by without at least a little fanfare. 

Turning two and a half is a fairly momentous occasion after all. At two and a half you know a lot more than you did at two, but still have a long way to go before mastering all the things you'll know at three. Six months is a lot of learning time at this age, but this post isn't really about that.

This post (and the one to follow) are just about celebrating today and wishing my boys a happy half-birthday.

For example, I couldn't let today go by without keeping true to our time-of-birth pics (here, here, here and here). At the time, I was momentarily a little dismayed with the results – at least until I realized they're not only true to form but pretty funny to boot.

For reasons unknown, Nate decided to resurrect "Scrunchy-face" at precisely 8:53 AM to commemorate the big event:

– Scrunchy-face!

Truth be told, scrunchy-face hasn't been seen around these parts in quite a long time, so you can't fault me for being caught off guard at least a little. That said, my guys do like to keep me on my toes and guessing all at the same time so the resurgence of scrunchy-face is par for the course in that sense.

"Itchy nose" on the other hand is still in full force – as evidenced by Seth in the throes of a very itchy nose at 8:54 AM:

– Itchy nose! Mommy fix it!

I had to put the camera down to lend a hand, but once the nose "itch" had been squared away I snuck in a few more pics.

Ah, much better! This is more like what I was expecting over breakfast this morning...



... wild bed-head and all:

– Mommy call 'dis my "Einstein" look.

And even this part didn't surprise me since we've really been into making shapes with our hands of late:

– I is making square everyone, but at least it with hands 'dis time and not with mouth.

– I is making triangle, but it turn into diamond then morph into square-ish shape somehow.
Or maybe is oval?
Being in state of perpetual motion make these things hard to call sometimes.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2 and 1/2 birthday, Nate and Seth!

    I really like your hand shapes. Good job!!

    Oodles of hugs and kisses,

    Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete