Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Potty Learning Chronicles: Part Five Hundred


We're 99% there when it comes to daytime peeing on the potty and no one is happier about it than my boys. It wasn't always that way, but they've really embraced it in the past couple of weeks. And by embraced it, I mean it's had a trickle-down effect (bad pun fully intended) into our pretend play as well.  

I'm going to let Seth take it from here.

– Oh hi everyone. Is me, Seth. I find 'dis nice empty container and it put me
in a mind to fill it with something. If only I could think of what...
Oh, wait – I think of something.

– Here it is.

– Is a bit awkward at first, but once you get hang of it, is surprisingly comfortable.
I even multi-task by making letters on refrigerator.

– And when I is "all done!", I proudly show off efforts.

– Is a lellow one, everyone!

- L.

PS. Seth really loves this game and initiates it any time the yogurt containers are out for play. He also always tosses a yellow letter in there after he's done and says "is a lellow one!".

PPS. Both of my boys say "lellow" instead of "yellow". I have no idea why* since they are perfectly capable of enunciating "you, "yet" and "yak" – not to mention a hundred other words that begin with "Y".

*I said I had no idea why, but it's quite possible (and highly probable) that this is part of their collective drive-Mommy-around-the-bend strategy of late. Unfortunately for my boys, this particular affectation has no effect on me other than finding myself casually saying things like, "Give the lellow schoolbus back to your brother right now!" or "Why yes – that IS a lellow dandelion!" (except for the fear that I will actually start saying "lellow" for real because at this point it already comes fairly naturally).

And unfortunately for me, they most definitely have more tricks up their sleeves than simple "lellow ones". If only it were that easy!

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment