Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

We've all been battling a summer cold for the past several weeks – some of us more than others (and at this point it's mostly me), but we've at least managed to get outside every day to enjoy the sunny summer weather even if we didn't venture further than our own backyard. Being cooped up with a couple of very energetic toddlers – especially ones who are on the mend – is nothing to be trifled with. Outdoor time is pretty much mandatory regardless of your own state of health.

Except that today it rained.

I checked the weather forecast and it looks like we're in for a few days of it. Again, active toddlers on the mend and such and 3 days indoors is just not an option. Fortunately we have rain gear (courtesy of both Grandma Leslie and Gamma Rita the Easter Bunny) and despite the grey and wet skies, the temperature outside is perfectly warm.

Also, I'm not so sick that I would pass up the opportunity to parade my boys about in their rain get-ups for a quick walk around the block. Short of being unconscious, who could pass up a chance to show these two cuties off?

– Oh hi everyone. 'Dis just us, being cute.
– As usual. 

My boys have also gotten better about standing still and within reasonable proximity of each other for the sake of a photo for at least 30 seconds if I ask very nicely, which I did.

And then I asked them to smile. This part was met with mixed results, neither of which resulted in anything approximating an actual smile (although it's nice to see Nate is consistent at least!). 

– How you like my smile everyone? Mommy say I keep it consistent at least.
– Mine clearly better if points is awarded for originality though. 

Gamma Rita on the other hand asked them if they could say "Cheese!" – and while we didn't have 100% participation right off the bat, we were getting there at least. 

– Say cheese? Now we talkin'!
– Cheese is one of our favorite words EVER.

Ah, much better!

– Why we standing here again, Seth?
– I has absolutely no idea, Nate.

Note to self: there's a very good reason saying "Cheese!" became so popular when it comes to picture-taking.

It works. Use it. 

- L.

2 comments:

  1. Smiling in the rain ... what delightful pics of dear little Nate and Seth!

    It is so good to see them in those spiffy rain togs.

    I hope that all of you will soon have a full and speedy recovery from your summer sniffles.

    Love and very best wishes,

    Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete