Monday, July 19, 2010

Gearing Up For The Big Day

Now that Nate and Seth are almost 6 months old, the big day when we'll be feeding them solids for the first time is fast approaching. Don't worry – I'll be sure to catch every goopy detail with my camera, but in the meantime you can let us know precisely which goopy detail you'd most like to see the babies eating wearing by VOTING in the poll at the top of the upper left column.

As part of getting ready for the big event, we ordered 2 of the coolest highchairs I've ever seen: the HiLo chair from Age Design. Each converts from a high chair to a seat for kids simply by flipping the seat around and is suitable from 6 months to 6 years. It also comes in some pretty hot colors and of course, we got the red ones.

M. picked them both up Saturday afternoon and set the first one up as soon as he got home. Here it is:





Pretty cool, huh? We absolutely loved it (still do!), but...

When M. went to set up the second one that evening I heard him say "uh-oh" all the way from the other end of the house. Uh-oh indeed.

The second chair is made of completely different wood and it's not even the same colour. I'm not sure how this happened really because the company only makes the chair in natural beech and dark wood (according to their site) and yet the wood second chair is made from looks like oak.

I took some pics (of course). The lighter wood in both these shots is from the chair we had already set up:





This shot is a sideview of the legs and you can see that not only is the type of wood not the same, but one is made from pressed board (on the right), while the one on the left is solid wood.



Weird.

The thing is I probably wouldn't have even noticed anything was wrong if we'd only ordered one chair – but since we need two it would be nice if they match. I called the store we picked up the chairs from on Sunday morning, but for some reason they handle their online orders online only so I've emailed their order center but I have a feeling I won't hear anything until today at the earliest. Kind of frustrating that we couldn't just take it back to the store yesterday and switch it for one that matches the chair we already set up, but hopefully it will all be resolved swiftly. We're kind of on a deadline here. ; )

And just in case you thought I was going to leave you with another wordy post with only some product shots, fear not! I couldn't not put the babies in the chair to see what they thought of it and I also couldn't not have my camera handy when I did so.

Seth had a fine time modelling as usual.





And then I tried it out on Nate...



... who apparently found the new chair to be the MOST EXCITING THING EVER! He had this look on his face for at least 5 minutes. I thought his eyes were going to pop right out of his head – it was hard to stop laughing long enough to take a picture.

Then he kind of got over it and that's when I nabbed this video:



Nom!

And um, yeah. It was hard to keep the camera steady(ish) since I was holding back the laughs here too. In all fairness though, I did tell him the chair was "for eating".

- L.

2 comments:

  1. Those two babies get cuter and cuter every day and they look so grown up sitting in their little high chairs (if not a little wowed by it all). We cast our vote for carrots (Eileen's pick) because you already know I voted for the guber peas so your cute little baby boys can make cute little green guber pea poops! Kiss their little feet from Gamma Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get that high chair fiasco straightened out - we want solid wood for those babies to sit on not pressed cardboard - especially if they're going to be using the chairs for the next 6 years. However, it's nice to see that the chairs double as teething rings as displayed by sweet Nate. Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete