Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nate's Big Appointment

Nate's appointment with the Osteopath on Tuesday went very well – at least I think so.

It's hard to imagine that such a gentle process will have much of a result, but I'm glad we are taking this route for now. The Osteopath (Samara) was so nice and obviously loves working with babies. She had plenty of toys and fun things handy to keep both our boys entertained during Nate's visit, and Nate seemed totally unfazed while his head was being gently manipulated. She felt that just 3-4 visits would make a big difference which surprised me.

Samara also recommended a special pillow that helps cradle the head and prevent flattening even when babies are laying on their backs. Here is Nate posing with his new pillow for you all:



And here's a close-up of the pillow:



It's a butterfly (how cute is that?), but also a very clever (and comfy!) design and when Nate is laying on it's easy to see how it works. In theory. It was kind of pricey for a pillow ($42), so I hope it really DOES work.

And since Nate (and his pillow) are looking so nice in green, I'm also posting a couple of pics of the boys sporting their new green onesies and socks, courtesy of Gamma Rita. There are also pants that go with this, but it's been waaay too hot for pants here lately. Probably too hot for socks too, but I couldn't resist putting them on anyway this morning before the afternoon heat made anything more than diapers and covers completely ridiculous.

Enjoy!



– Hey Seth? Pull my finger?
– Ohhh... I have a bad feeling 'bout that Nate.



– How 'bout I pull your ear instead?
– Ha ha! You's a pretty funny guy Seth! Pulling my ear has same effect though. Joke's still on you.

- L.

1 comment: