Monday, July 19, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago our babies were 10 weeks old in utero. All their major organs had formed and their hearts were beating at a comfortable 170 and 174 beats per minute. Baby A and Baby B were the only names we had for Nate and Seth at that time; we wouldn't know for another 6 weeks that there was a very strong possibility we going to be blessed with boys. And me? I sat on tenterhooks, hardly breathing, waiting and willing the first trimester to pass so we could share our news. It was the hardest secret I've ever had to keep.

Recently, I found an awesome gallery online which probably has one of the best collections of 3D ultrasound, MRI and lab images I've ever seen, including images from the very beginnings of cell division. This image of twins at 10 weeks however is one of my favorites.

How perfect they already would have been even at 10 weeks. It doesn't even seem possible. I was in awe looking through all the images this morning and wanted to share. The complete gallery can be found here. Amazing.

- L.

No comments:

Post a Comment