Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sometimes A Mama Knows Best

And I'm not talking about me.

Remember the Great Bath Saga? You know, when we tried to transition from the kitchen sink to our first baby bath? You can refresh your memory here, and make sure you take time to read the comment my mom left at the end of the post – especially this part:

When I arrive I'll show you what a baby tub looks like and those poor wee bibies will have a whale of a time!


Well, sure enough after my mom arrived we bought a proper tub without haste. This is a proper tub for those who don't know:



Seth handled it pretty well for the first few seconds...



... but it didn't last, so the rest of the pics are of my "bibies" having a "whale of a time" as it were:







Ha! At the time I have to admit I snickered a little taking these pictures. Not at the babies, of course, but at my mom. I giggled. I teased.

I was smug.

But you know, in the end, mom was right. It took a few tries, but my babies are back to enjoying their baths like good little Aquarians once more. The only crying that has taken place over the last couple of weeks was once or twice when I took a baby out of the bath.

Go figure!

Well, the $50 bucket is at least useful for filling the new bath (which cost a whopping $12 by the way).

And now that Nate and Seth are enjoying bathtime again, I thought it was high time to invest in some bath toys.



I think they're going to have fun with these and I can't wait to try them out on the next bath day!

- L.

P.S. Thank you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment