Saturday, July 31, 2010

Updates On Everything!

My apologies for the absenteeism, but it's been a very busy week as you'll see if you read on, and we have a VERY BIG DAY planned for tomorrow as Nate and Seth will be celebrating their first half-birthday and enjoying (or perhaps not enjoying?) eating solids for the very first time. Either way, there WILL be photos taken. : )


Without further ado, sweet potatoes were the winner in the poll as you can see:



... and sweet potatoes they shall have! I made them myself today and it was actually pretty easy. I also made peas which were a lot messier and not so easy (peas were my pick in the poll, btw), so perhaps I'll be buying those in the jar from now on. I'd like to make what I can manage to make for my babies though. I picked up bananas today and I'd like to try out avocado too, especially since neither require cooking.

Toothwatch 2010:  We have a tooth! Nate got his very first tooth (bottom front on the left if you're facing him) on Monday, July the 26th. I noticed it first thing in the morning – and so did he! He LOVES playing with his new tooth and he really loves it if you do too. He will grab my hand, locate a suitable finger and put it in his mouth and just gnaw away. So adorable!

Toothwatch 2010 still remains in high alert though until we see a tooth from Seth. In the meantime, we're still patiently waiting.

The laundry: It's fixed and better than ever. Our landlord's resident handiperson finally came to clean out the vents and the dryer has worked more than fine since then. I honestly don't recall ever putting a wet load in there and having it dry in one cycle so this is a real treat. Even with the cloth diapers I no longer have the machines running all day. It's strangely quiet in here at times without the incessant hum of the washer or dryer, but I'm not complaining (too loudly). That's what the radio is for I guess!

Nate's Plagiocephaly: We've had our second appointment and I really hope this is working and that we've made the right choice. I feel good about it for whatever that's worth. Our osteopath, Samara, is a delight (the boys are so at ease there, especially Nate since he's the one being treated), and a good source of info to boot. She recommended a naturopathic remedy for teething pain that's surprisingly available at most drugstores called Camilia. It comes in pre-measured vials and so far it seems to be working for both Nate and Seth when they need something to help soothe their sore gums. It works pretty quickly too, which is a nice bonus.

And lastly, because I can't post without including something other than a picture of a graph after all this time, here are the boys enjoying some tummy time in the nursery.



I wish Seth was not so distracted by the camera, because I realize a lot of you who haven't seen him in action must think this poor child has one expression and never moves – when nothing could be further from the truth. Seth is a mover and a shaker and it's no coincidence he eats almost as much as his brother and is still so very lean. He also makes great expressions, smiles, dances a jig, you name it... but I'll probably never catch any of that on camera because he is so distracted by the thing he stops whatever he's doing and just stares deep into the lens. I had to record for a really long time for him to get back to the activity that made me grab the camera in the first place – and you can still see how he keeps pausing because the camera is so distracting to him.



Nate on the other hand, was only distracted by the song Seth was activating from their Jungle gym. Otherwise, he was very busy doing a faceplant and recovering from said faceplant.

Nate again, showing you all how it's done with Sophie:


The Johnny Cash is a nice touch too I think. ; )

And lastly, a very sleepy Seth, because sometimes all that activity is tiring. I put him down next to me for a second and he went from high-action Seth to unconscious in half that time. I had to stop what I was doing and grab the camera. 



Hope you enjoyed the updates – I think I covered almost everything. I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow and all the fun stuff we have planned and will try to update sooner rather than later so you can all see what we got up to.

- L.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I dig the Johnny Cash too and have a really love Seth's striped drawers!

    Auntie Lo

    ReplyDelete