Monday, January 17, 2011

First Sit-Down Breakfast


I've been doing two sit-down meals since the boys started solids – lunch and dinner basically. With their waking/morning nap schedule it always felt a bit too rushed to try to squeeze in anything other than a bottle, but things have changed in the past week.

Last week the Party Babies™ were waking up around 8AM and staying up partying until 9:30 most nights. They would have 2 naps – 1 mid-morning and one mid-afternoon. I have to say the 9:30 PM bedtime wasn't really working for me and I guess my guys decided a change would be good too. On Friday they jointly ditched their afternoon nap and were down for the night at 8:15. – and we haven't looked back.

Even though I no longer get a little break in the afternoon, I am liking our new routine. The boys still sleep until 8AM, have one really good nap (up to 2 hours) late morning and then go to bed around 8:15. It gives me a bit more time in the evening to unwind and get a few things done, I still get to sleep in AND there's now ample time for 3 sit-down meals a day.

Today the boys not only had their first breakfast we even tried out a new food!

Nate and Seth feasted on:

Oatmeal with Pears
Buttered Toast
Yogurt with Apple/Plum

AND...

Scrambled Eggs!

Seth really liked his eggs – a lot actually. They were a big hit!

Nate, on the other hand, was pretty suspicious of the new food and pushed the little egg bits around on his tray for a long time before he finally picked up a little egg crumb and put it in his mouth. He then made a big show out of gagging on said crumb, but I have a feeling he'll come around. For now, toast is a hit with him at least and they both like their oats and yogurt. And of course, I served Cheerios® afterward while I cleaned up.

- L.

PS. I realize that on the surface the photo I posted appears to have nothing to do with breakfast – however, their tummies are full of said breakfast in this picture. That counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment