Monday, November 29, 2010

Fun With Cheerios


– Oh, hi everyone! It's us! Is been a long time since we have chats.
– Oh yes, hi everyone. It has been a long time, but...


– 'Dis not really a good time. We is kind of busy. We is eating Cheerios.
– Mmmph. 


– Oh great. Now I is distracted and lose my Cheerio.
– Me too. But I find mine. 


– Is OK everyone! I find mine too.
– I is using my touching finger to check 'dis one out. Mommy says we talk more about my touching finger in 'nother post tho'. 


– Maybe everyone come back later when we is not eating. 'Dis sort of rude to be eating and conversating at the same time.
– I agrees. Is hard to concentrate on matter at hand. Or finger. I think I just lose my Cheerio again.


– Cheerios is a good thing though, just so you know.
 

– Oh yes. Very good. Om nom nom...

•   •   •   •   •

Mommy note: I had tried offering Nate and Seth Cheerios for the first time a little over a week ago, but I didn't get any takers. What a difference a week makes though – now they LOVE their Cheerios. I'm hoping this is the first step in getting them to eat small pieces of food since they really liked the idea of being able to feed themselves from their bowls.

*fingers crossed*

For awhile there I thought I'd be sending them off to college with a suitcase of pureés. Now I know I can at least send a box of cereal along with it.

If this post hasn't given you your fill of Cheerio fun just yet, head on over to our YouTube™ channel for some lessons on table etiquette with Nate and Seth. Hijinks included.

- L.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those two little ones just get cuter and cuter and more and more entertaining. I think you may have to move the two highchairs a little further apart to prevent injuries. We just enjoy their little conversations so much as well as just seeing how cutsie they are - I hope they know GAMMA RITA IS ON HER WAY SOON! In the meantime, lots of slobbery kisses for each of them. Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of little Nate and Seth! They are quickly changing from cute little babies into adorable toddlers.

    Question: How do you stop them from hurling their bowls off their tray tables? Are they exceptionally well behaved or do you have a special gravity defying bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. b. –

    Glad you asked. Although my babies are exceptionally well behaved as you suggested (*cough*), the bowl – as it turns out – is not as gravity defying as I had hoped. Two days in and I've abandoned it entirely in favor of Cheerios served directly on the tray. Less clean up and no "surprise" moments when a million Cheerios suddenly go flying into the air – and consequently onto the floor. My knees are grateful for this new discovery.

    In the meantime, if you happen to stumble across a bowl that does indeed defy gravity grab a couple for me. No price would be too high for such a sweet commodity. : )

    ReplyDelete