Thursday, November 11, 2010

On The Move: Investigating The Bathroom

The bathroom was (mostly) uncharted territory until this morning. I say "mostly" because Nate and Seth have their baths in there, and Seth has occasionally forayed to the doorway on one of his many hallway crawls and peered in without actually crossing the threshold.

I spent last weekend baby-proofing the bathroom so today I didn't mind that everyone made a trip down the hall to explore points beyond the nursery. Of course, since I baby-proofed, there wasn't much to see.

Here they are with those innocent looks that say, "We isn't up to anything, mommy!":


But not for lack of trying. 


They looked high. 


And they looked low. 


They even spent awhile looking at each other. 

Finally they spotted the one interesting thing in the room. I think this is the exact moment actually that everyone noticed the big chunk missing out of the limestone tile and made a beeline for it: 



It was a truly exciting discovery. They must have spent at least 5 minutes checking it out. And possibly making it bigger.

*sigh*

I had hoped to get some better shots of their cute new fleecy jammies while they were roaming, but in the end I ended up wrestling them onto the big chair and snapping a quick pic of each. No time to try to elicit smiles – just click and we're done. That's how we roll around here at 9 months. Sitting still is for suckers. 



- L.

2 comments:

  1. Such cosy P.J.s and freedom to explore!

    What could be better?


    Sending more kisses and hugs from me.

    Love,

    Grandma Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nate & Seth, Your Gamma Rita was so jealous over your fleecy jammies that I went right out today and bought myself 2 pairs - I'm wearing a pair as I'm writing to you and I hope you love your's as much as I love mine. I'm looking forward to being warm tonight but probably aren't as cute as you are in them. Lots of love, hugs & smooches, Gamma Rita

    ReplyDelete