Thursday, January 27, 2011

Playdate!

It finally happened – one of the couples from the prenatal classes we took last year got brave enough to invite us all over last Saturday. And by "us all" I mean all of us – babies included. Of course there was no way to predict how it would go over with 4 sets of twins. I think we all expected a few show-downs over toys*, but there was none of that. Everyone got along famously and the only crying that occurred was due to a bad-mommy move on my part**. A good time was had by all – and thanks so much to our friends at little grovers*** for having us over.


– Hard to believe, but all the babies aren't even in this photo.


– These activity tables were a big hit!


– Like, a really big hit. Note to self: look into buying some activity tables.


– Nate surveying the scene. Just in case there's something more exciting than the activity tables.


– OK. It's not all about the activity tables. I still got a chance to show Seth a new book.


– And "hang out" with Nate.


– Until they both summarily ditched me AND the activity tables for something that was clearly even more awesome. I think Nate's expression says it all.

•   •   •   •   •

*Those activity tables were a HUGE hit with all the boys. I think Nate and Seth especially spent 90% of their time hovering over them. Except for the other 10% when Nate is clearly losing his marbles over the riding toy. 

**Bad mommy move: Nate has never met a stranger to this day, but Seth is sometimes a bit more reluctant when it comes to someone that is not mommy. In my defense, I was trying to wrangle two babies plus gear and I kind of... forgot about that. Oops. And although it's nothing two minutes (or less) of cuddles and kisses didn't cure I definitely have some residual mommy guilt. Ah, live and learn. And sometimes learn again. Sorry Seth! *sigh*

***There are more pics over at little grovers, so get on over there and check them out already.

PS. I took along my point-and-shoot camera that day (instead of my fancy camera). When I went to download the pics later that night, instead of getting a ton of cute pics, I got a "memory card error" message instead. It's extra frustrating because I can preview most of the pictures I took in teeny-tiny thumbnails on the camera, but I can't download any of them. Long story short: all the photos I've posted were very generously donated by the other 3 mommies with cameras. : )

PPS. Nate and Seth are having some teething times of late in case you were wondering what the clown cheeks were all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment