Friday, January 14, 2011

Regarding Nicknames: Curly & Moe Are Officially Off The Table

In case you didn't notice it when I posted our New Years Day photos, take a moment and have a quick peek at the little curl behind Nate's ear. It's about the sweetest thing ever, and even though you can't see it in that picture he has a matching curl on the other side. I've been madly in love with both of those curls for quite some time. I have a feeling that boy is going to have the kind of hair that will leave me with a little big lump in my throat someday when it's time for his first haircut.

Genetics are a funny thing. Neither M. or I have curly hair – in fact prior to being pregnant mine was pin straight.

And I know it's too soon to cast bets on Seth because he always looks like he's sporting a standard issue marine-man crew cut.

But wait... what's this?


And this?


And also this? 


*swoon*

Is it possible to have two lumps in my throat at the same time? Because I have a feeling it's in my future.

- L.

PS. I love that last photo of Seth for more than just the sweet curl in his hair. He's so wiry and strong and tall, but it's that tip of the tongue sticking out that gets me. He does that a lot and when I see it I can't help myself... I want to poke it. So (clean hands permitting) I do. For what it's worth, I always give fair notice first. And you know what? He likes it. Quite a lot actually. It's kind of our thing now. : )

PPS. Yes, that is his first love in the background.

1 comment:

  1. As the mummy of those two sweet little dumplin's, you're allowed to have as many lumps in your throat as you can fit in. Give those two curlies a big hug and lots of kisses from GAMMA RITA (with love).

    ReplyDelete