Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!



And a belated Happy Canada Day too since that's when these pictures were taken. I figured today was as good a day as any to finally get around to posting them. I also figured I'd better add a disclaimer straight away in case you were wondering if the boys were shrinking. And reverse aging. And suffering from hair loss. 

Fortunately, none of the above. Nate and Seth are growing inches by the day and are turning into fine little hippies since I'm in no hurry for their first hair cut.

• • • • • • •

Last night I roasted a chicken and served it up with all the trimmings for our supper and was thinking how glad I'd be that I wouldn't have to cook today since there was plenty left over for at least another meal. And while I am glad, it didn't keep me out of the kitchen today after all.

There was the home-made chicken noodle soup to be made of course.


It was a reasonable success with the boys, but mostly they just really liked the noodles (although at least a few carrots and an occasional piece of chicken accidentally made it past their lips while they were shoveling said noodles in). I managed to get it all put together while my guys had breakfast which meant I had some idle hands at lunchtime after soup was served. For whatever reason I was in an especially domestic mood today so I decided to whip up a batch of my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. 

It's the first time I've made cookies for my guys. 


Actually, it's the first time I've made cookies in probably a few years so I was a little rusty. By the time the cookie sheet went into the oven the third time, I had it pretty much down again. The first 2 rounds weren't quite as nice to look at, but still yummy. 

And of course, the cookies were a hit. 



At least I thought they were. I'm not sure what's up with the face Nate is making in this picture:


Probably not the greatest lead-in before I post the recipe. If you're planning to make a batch for yourself, it's probably best if you forget you saw that. 

- L.

Printer-friendly version – as always, click to embiggen:


No comments:

Post a Comment