Friday, June 1, 2012

Warning: Lack Of "Cahs" May Lead To "Itchy Nose"

"Itchy nose!" tied with "Kiss a bonk!" for the #2 spot on the list of my Top 5 least favorite sayings currently in use at the OP, mainly due to the sheer volume of times per day I hear either, and often both in the manner of "Itchy nose and bonk!".

Still, I never said it wasn't cute.

I shot some video of the boys a few weeks ago* because they were not only doing one of their favorite morning routines (jumping on their beds), but were also having a grand time reciting their numbers and alphabets. Of course, by the time I thought to myself, "Hey – maybe this would be a good time to grab the camera" things were already winding down.

Yes, the new video on our YouTube™ channel is the "winding down" version. Still, it yielded some unexpected things as I've found videos and pics often do around here.

If I was making an "honorable mention list" to go with the "Top 5 Best and Worst" list, I think the following probably would have made the cut:

"Turn offa lights!" and "Go play cahs!"**.

As for the new video, "Itchy nose!" makes an appearance at the end, and illustrates my point pretty clearly about the very serious nature of it all.

Truth: I spent at least a few weeks actually quite concerned that both of my sons had some kind of allergies before I cottoned on that "itchy nose" is strictly for the attention that's in it.

Also truth: I still come running with the very real tissues for all that "itchy nose" fakery every time.

- L.

*In the video, Seth is still visibly sporting the same black eye I posted about here and here, but no worries – his eye looks perfectly regular once again and has for some time now.

**"Turn offa lights!" is more of a Nate-ism, while "Go play cahs!" is entirely a Seth saying. Both my boys are pretty obsessed with cars, but it's Seth alone who greets me in the morning with "Go play cahs!" on a loop until I produce said "cahs". "Turn offa lights" is used interchangeably by everyone at this point to mean both "on" and "off". We're still working on this one.

Speaking of "Turn offa lights!" though, remember this post? Both my boys can both now reach the light switch in their room without the boxes. Three months and apparently they've grown at least as many inches.

*sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment